Since my days are jam-packed with work, school, and training, my favorite and most productive time to get into the kitchen is at night. In the past I used to spend ENTIRE days – morning until night – cooking and baking my homemade raw vegan products that I would make and sell. But that much time spent in the kitchen simply didn’t leave me enough time to do the things I love. This was the main reason I slowed down production and started blogging. This way I can share my recipes with all of you and still have enough time to devote to health coaching, training and studying for my degree. And when I do get into the kitchen at night, I have the luxury to spend that time developing new recipes.
I’ve actually come to love that feeling of being utterly spent at the end of the day. I push myself to the limits – physical, educational, and entrepreneurial – and I enjoy the exhaustion that sinks me into the couch when I can finally put my feet up and watch some TV. For me, there is no more satisfying feeling in the world.
The other night, after a full day of classes and workouts, I finally found myself on my couch ready to tune into some good reality TV shows. (Come on, admit it. Real Housewives of New York is your guilty pleasure too….) But then I remembered that I some unsweetened vanilla coconut yogurt sitting in my fridge and if I didn’t use it, it would go to waste. I generally don’t like any type of yogurt and, even when I used to eat dairy, I never ate yogurt. (It’s a personal preference but always just thought it looked and tasked like spoiled milk.) But I thought that maybe coconut yogurt would have a different texture and flavor. TOTALLY WRONG. De ja vu to that spoiled milk. So now that I was left with an entire contender of coconut yogurt, I knew I had to bake something with it….Coconut Yogurt Muffins!
- 1 cup of whole wheat pastry flour (or gluten free flour)
- 1 1/2 cup old fashion oatmeal
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut yogurt
- 1 cup orange juice
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups blueberries
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, oatmeal, almond flour, cinnamon and baking powder mix together till evenly combined
- In a separate bowl combine your wet ingredients- almond milk, coconut yougurt, orange juice, coconut oil and vanilla extract. Mix it really well.
- Combine your wet mixture with your dry mixture
- Fold in blueberries
- Spray your muffin tray you should get around 15-16 medium sized muffins
- Bake at 350 for around 45 minutes or until completly baked and the center of the muffin is cooked (I like to use a knife and dash the middle of the muffin to see if its done, if it comes out clean you know its done)