I have never been a fan of New Year’s resolutions or setting these lofty year-long goals. I think it’s important to set smaller goals and to make a realistic plan of action towards achieving them. I am really excited to partner with OXO on this post to talk about my goals for 2019. Time is money- and the more time-saving tools I can find, the better.
Life in New York, while exciting, is always super busy and I have trouble finding time to work out. For me, it’s really about finding some time and then making my workouts a priority. I know my whole day will be better if I allow myself to sweat and move.
But even before I tackle my workout, I must have my morning cup of coffee, without which I just can’t function! OXO’s Individual Pour-Over Coffee Maker with Water Tank is the perfect solution to that quick cup of coffee I need in the morning but don’t have too much time to make coffee. I also plan on using it to travel!
It is simple to use and even easier to clean, plus it is pretty affordable for only $15. So I can have my coffee, run out the door, get my workout in and not have to worry about cleaning anything up after I come back. With the OXO Pour Over this agenda is a realistic one for my everyday life. In that vein I am making it a priority to keep all my 2019 goals realistic and with feasible plans of action.
Here are my top 5 goals for 2019:
1) Fall in love with running again- How? Run with others, run when I feel like it and don’t when I don’t, explore new trails, new routes and new bridges- discover New York all over again. During IRONMAN training, it was just another thing I needed to check off my list. This year I want to love running the way I always did.
2) Show up to every meeting 5 minutes early – I want to be on time. When I show up to a meeting and when someone isn’t on time I feel disrespected. It’s as if they didn’t care enough to manage their time and it devalues my own time. Being on time is super important to me. Most of the time in morning I am rushing out. I plan on using my new OXO coffee maker to help me get where I need to be on time, happy and caffeinated.
3) Be environmentally conscious – This is a huge topic and can be super overwhelming. So, I am planning on doing smaller things like focusing on bringing bags to the grocery store. To this end I plan to keep fabric bags in my backpack (you can do this in your car too) so if I’m walking home from work and spontaneously stop at the store, I have bags with me.
4) Make time for the people who are important to me – Work/life balance is tough. It’s easy to lose touch with friends and family who mean the most to us. In 2019 I plan to make an effort not to just find time but to actually make time for those who are close to me.
5) Know when to shut off and shut down- Being a one woman show and running this business on my own makes it hard to shut down and not answer emails at 11 pm at night or the weekends. But I need to do a better job at stepping away from work and respecting my personal time.