My sister’s kids are the pickiest eaters…but hey aren’t all kids? I saw a pancake recipe online and they looked too good to be true; healthy and delicious! So I thought I’d give it a try to see how it goes over with kiddies. I even learned a little trick form The Chew to make this pancakes even more delicious!
I included the kids in the baking process, they helped me mash the banana whisk in the eggs… Then I gave them a choice of toppings to go in it the batter and of course my niece went for the sprinkles! But hey, if it gets them to eat the pancakes- I’m all for it. Now whenever I sleep over its a must that I make the pancakes!
While watching The Chew the other day, Daphne was making PB&J pancakes and topped her pancakes with banana slices before flipping the pancakes to cook the other side. So when she flipped them, the bananas would caramelize in the pan. Even though most recipes on the show aren’t healthy, I get inspired all the time!
These are the easiest pancake recipe ever! Easy enough so that you can enjoy pancakes all week long because it takes minutes to prepare. And you can even make them ahead and store them in the freezer. Feel free to make this recipe your own by adding fun add ins! You can’t go wrong.
- 2 bananas
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (optional for a fluffier pancake)
- 1 banana finely sliced (optional)
- Flaxseeds,Nut Butter,Chia Seeds,Oatmeal, Vanilla extract,Chocolate chips,Blueberries….whatever your heart desires
- In a medium size mixing bowl mash 2 bananas really well. Till you have no clumps of banana.
- Whisk in 2 organic eggs, mix again till well combined
- Add your favorite add ins and baking powder at this time. (If you prefer you can blend all the above ingredients instead of mashing it by hand)
- Heat a medium size pan with none stick spray until hot
- Once hot lower the fire and use a tablespoon size amount or more and place batter in the pan forming pancakes.
- Top pancakes with 2-3 banana slices and flip once edges start to rise and the bottom is golden brown. For a fluffier pancake cover the pan while the pancakes are cooking on both sides. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. Makes 15 pancakes.
Optional: spread Peanut Butter on one pancake fruit sweetened Jelly on the other and you have a pancake PB&J sandwich.