I was so excited to come across Simple Girl Dressings. This is NOT your typical bottled dressing. I expressed before in previous posts how horrible bottled dressings can be – filled with tons of sugars and chemicals that are totally not necessary. Salads are so healthy but can be totally ruined by adding sugar, processed oils etc….Simple Girl uses real spices and stevia to sweeten their dressings. This is my type of dressing! Sometimes it is hard to have yummy homemade dressings ready for you all the time. And since it’s so important to be prepared, this brand is a savior. These dressings make salads fun and interesting. I was excited to try the Sweet Mustard on a recipe I make daily to give it that extra bite!I made it less than 12 hours ago and it’s gone! Even the not-so-healthy eaters in my house enjoyed it. My mom was thrilled to add it to her already prepared meal and I was so excited to see my family enjoy a healthy dish! I love the combination of crunchy chickpeas and roasted cauliflower; it kind of acts like a crouton in the quinoa salad. Adding quinoa to the salad makes it a little heartier and more satisfying. I am all about easy and simple… and that it was! Hope you enjoy it as much as my family and I did!
Recipe preheat oven to 400
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas ( I used 2 cans of organic chickpeas)
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 medium/large size cauliflower cut in florets
- 3/4 cup Simple Girl Sweet Mustard – divided
- 1/2 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- In a large mixing bowl combine cauliflower and chickpeas (if using canned make sure you rinse them). Mix in 1/2 cup Simply Girl Spicy Mustard dressing. Toss until evenly coated.
- On a lined baking sheet place your dressed cauliflower and chickpeas spread out on the tray evenly (you may need to use two). Bake at 400 for around 45 minutes or until cauliflower is golden brown.
- Now place your cooked quinoa in a serving bowl. Once cooled, add cauliflower and chickpeas. Garnish with cherry tomatoes and parsley. Dress with additional 1/4 cup Simply Girl Sweet Mustard Dressing. Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator.