I’ve never been much of pizza eater, but I do love a crispy crunchy texture you get from the crust of a pizza. In the past, I always would take a brown rice wrap and toast it until it was crispy. This pizza crust reminds me exactly of that! But this is so much better and so easy to make! Lately I found that I don’t make or even attempt most recipes because it always seems complicated and has way too many ingredients (Still upset about all those times I attempted cauliflower crust pizza, but failed!). So I pride myself for my recipes with minimal ingredients and easy directions.
For this crust, all you really need is quinoa and water! Everything else in here just gives it more flavor. Just remember to leave yourself enough time to soak your quinoa for at least 6 hours. I soaked mine the night before, but you can totally do it before heading out for the day. And for an additional reason to try this recipe, it takes under 30 minutes to put together!
I used Unsweetened Fire Cider Apple Cider Vinegar that added extra flavor to the pizza crust! I am so excited to play around with this product; the smell alone is incredible. The original is sweetened with honey, so naturally I was excited to see them come out with an unsweetened version. It’s really mild in taste, not like traditional apple cider vinager because it’s mixed with other flavors such as: Oranges,Lemons,Onions,Horseradish,Ginger,Habanero Pepper,Garlic and Turmeric. Along with a ton of health benefits, it tastes great on its own. To my surprise traditional pizza dough has a ton of sugar, so instead I used this apple cider vinegar and it gave it that sweet flavor found in pizza dough! You can use this code to get 25% off your entire order of Fire Cider! For the first 25 customers ROV25%offFireCider
Take a look at whats in regular store bought pizza-
Traditional Pizza Crust Ingredients:Enriched bleached wheat flour (bleached flour, malted barley flour, niacin, ferrous sulfate, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), water, yeast, salt, sugar, soybean &/or cottonseed oil, whey, may contain 2% or less of enzymes &/or datem, vital wheat gluten, potassium sorbate (preservative), ascorbic acid, sodium stearoyl lactylate.
HA what are half of those ingredients?! Try this instead:
Recipe: Preheat 425 degrees
- 1 cup of quinoa uncooked (soaked for at least 6 hours or overnight)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons of Unsweetened Fire Apple Cider Vinager
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast(optional for extra “cheesy” flavor”)
- 2 cloves roasted garlic (optional)
- Rinse your quinoa with a strainer really well.
- Place all your ingredients in a blender, blend for a couple minutes till really smooth and creamy.It should look something like this
- Place parchment paper on a 10-12 inch pizza pan or baking dish, Spray with non-stick spray, and spread out batter on to the dish
- Cook for 15 minutes, then flip and cook an additional 10-12 minutes till crispy and brown.
- Place your favorite toppings on top get creative! Can’t wait to see what you all come up with. And place back in the oven for an additional 3-5 minutes or until desired